Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weekly Update, 11/4/10

I haven't posted in a while, mostly because I haven't brewed since the Bottom Number Blonde.  However, I have done a couple of things worthy of note:

Ad-Seg IPA - carbing slowly, but at last taste is going to be fantastic.

Contraband Chocolate Stout - bottled and carbing.  Seems quick on the carbonation end - after four days in the bottle I popped one and it was over half done.  A tad green tasting, but very good.  This is going to be a great Christmas beer.

Rolled Up Irish Red - due to be bottled in a few days.  Great flavor and a very high alcohol content - by brewing efficiency on this one was somewhere in the 80% range.

Brevis Bock - bottled with a very slight grainy taste.  Hoping that mellows in the bottle.

GN14 Hard Cider - threw some Tree Top apple juice, sugar, honey, and sweet mead yeast into a carboy to see what would happen.  Fermenting faster than I expected.  Hoping for a good batch of 8% or so hard cider.

On deck I'm planning on brewing a Dry Stout akin to Murphy's tonight, Short Timer Stout, then on Saturday shoot for my newest recipe, MJ14 Special Dark.  Next week I'm thinking of trying Nuts 'n Butts Brown Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment