Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Updates on All Brews

Last night I checked all my brews with the following results:

Ad-Seg - fermentation stuck at 1.040 for the last five days.  To be a proper Dogfish Head clone, it needs to get down to at least 1.020 and preferrably 1.010.  I'd like at least 8%ABV or else this can't be called anything like a clone.  So, tonight I'm going to make a 1/2 gallon wort with .5# of DME and pitch 12g Muntons Brewer's Yeast I have on and in it.  Once it begins to ferment, I'm going to pitch the whole thing into the Ad-Seg primary and see what happens.

Brevis - fermenting great!  Down to 1.012.  Shooting for 1.010, but should be there by the end of the week.  Then I rack it to the secondary and lager for 36+ days.  Taste out of the hyrdo test is a little grainier than I expected, but pretty good.  I'm hoping the grainy taste mellows out in the lagering process.

Off-Paper - this stuff is my crown jewel as of now.  It's the first brew I made with my own recipe rather than a kit.  I bottled it on Friday last week at 4.1%ABV.  It tastes almost exactly like I remember Dos Equis tasting.  My neighbors should be happy.  It's also the right color.  Once I finish bottle conditioning it, I will post some pics and final thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment