Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekly Update, 10/23/2010

This week marked the first in a while that I didn't brew.  But only because all my buckets and carboys are full of beer - which is a good thing.  However, I will be brewing in the next day or two as I have just transferred my Contraband Chocolate Stout to the secondary.  So, here's what's going on as of now:

Ad-Seg IPA - bottle conditioning.  Popped one and the taste is great - a tad cloying, but I'm hoping that fades with carbonation.

Over-the-Fence Wiessbier - mostly gone due to an Oktoberfest party last night.  Need to make more, though - it was a hit with a lot of people, particularly the ladies.

Contraband Chocolate Stout - transferred to secondary today.  Added Belgian chocolate as I did.  Smells great.  Can't wait to taste it.  Only about 7% ABV, which means it should be ready for Christmas.

Brevis Bock - still lagering.  Still has a funny taste to it.  Hope it's nothing.

Bottom Number Blonde - ready to be brewed within the next 48 hours.  Can't wait.

Rolled Up Irish Red - primary fermentation is almost non-existent after a very furious beginning.  Lost about 1/2 gallon of beer to fermentation.  Thank God for blowoff hoses.

No comments:

Post a Comment