Friday, September 24, 2010

Ad-Seg IPA: The Name

I just realized that I haven't updated the reason for the name of my Ad-Seg IPA.  So, here it is.

First off, I love Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA.  It's in my top 5 beers, if not the top beer on my list.  So, this is my attempt at cloning it.  As such, it should come in around 9% ABV and have a nice hoppy flavor to it.  Since it's a little more hardcore than the previous beers I've tried, I decided to name it Ad-Seg.

Ad-Seg is short for Administrative Segregation.  This occurs when someone in the prison administration decides that an inmate needs to be locked in a holding cell to separate him from the rest of the prison population.  Administrative Segregation can occur for multiple reasons: the inmate may be in danger from other inmates; he may be a danger TO other inmates; he may be considered a flight risk; he may be under investigation; etc.  There are many reasons to Ad-Seg an inmate.  However, it is usually not a popular decision and most inmates do not like being in Ad-Seg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment