Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Why This Blog

I received a Homebrew kit for my birthday in August and it came with a standard extract ingredient kit labeled "American Lager." Though I don't really like that style of beer, I decided to make it anyway since I needed to learn how to brew and figured I'd rather screw up a beer I didn't care about than one I might actually want to drink.

Surprisingly, it came out tasting quite good (for what it is). Anyone who has tried it likes it. Thus, I have brewed my first batch and can now call myself a brewer. I decided I would like to start tracking my brews and sharing them with anyone who cares. Not that anyone will, but if they do, maybe we can share recipes and the like. As I go, I plan on posting recipes, pics, and other tidbits I figure out along the way, including offering some insight into the names I choose for my beers.

So, enjoy this blog for what it is - a fun way for me to track my progress along with giving others the opportunity to weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment