Sunday, September 12, 2010

Off Paper Lager: Update

It is day 5 of the fermenting process and I did a gravity check and taste test.

Gravity = 1.020.  As the FG is estimated at 1.011, I'm hoping that it'll get there by Friday, which is when I'm scheduled to rack to the secondary and start another brew.  If it keeps going at this rate, it should be there without too much trouble.

Taste = like Dos Equis.  Since I'm trying to clone Dos Equis, this is a good thing.  Normally, for my personal tastes, this is a bad thing.  I swirled a couple of swigs around in my mouth to get a good read on it and I could taste a hint of fruitiness, but not too much.  It's a tad bitter, but that'll mellow out in the lagering process.

All in all, it seems as if my first brew with my own recipe is turning out rather well.  Gives me some hope for future brews.

No comments:

Post a Comment